Take time out and find some inspiration
Well being & Nutrition - be good to yourself!
“Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” (Christopher Robin to Pooh – A. A. Milne)
Here are our top tips to ensure that you’re taking the time to be good to yourself…
- Give yourself time to let both your mind and body relax daily and be kind to yourself
- At the end of each day write down anything that is stressing you so you can sleep easily, and then three things that made you smile today
- If you are really busy make the time to plan, and prioritise things so you keep in balance – and if things do become unbalanced, stay calm and make time to rebalance as soon as possible
- Check yourself out regularly – are you sleeping well, eating healthy food, good energy levels and laughing often? If the answer is no to any of the redress the balance before it becomes a problem
- Who are the people in your life that inspire you, make you feel good and you can truly be yourself with? Make sure you spend time with them, value and nuture these relationships
- Set yourself clear boundaries in life and allow yourself to do something each week for you.
- Too much caffeine, sugar and processed foods play havoc with your brain and your body – eat a diet that looks after you and listen to how you feel after you have eaten different foods.
- Be proud of the person you are, work on the areas you find challenging about yourself and focus on your strengths
- Be in awareness, stand tall, breathe deeply, laugh and know you are good enough just as you are
- Have breakfast, lunch and your evening meal – always eating every 4-6 hours and allowing your food 20mins to digest before you decide if you are still hungry!
- Eat a balance of good quality carbohydrates, proteins and fat as they are all essential for different functions in the body as well as plenty of water (1.5litre approx – electrolytes if you are exercising and sweating lots!)
- Focus on eating healthy good quality foods which give you energy and boost your immune system and limit processed foods and sugars as these foods ‘nick’ your energy!